Have you ever heard a word that “triggered” you to sing a song? If so, then YOU are Spontuneous! One player says a word and the race is on for the others to sing a song containing that word. Don’t worry though, talent is NOT required!
Some Spontuneous facts!
• Interactive party game for all ages (9 & Up)
• Hilarious G- rated fun
• Self-generated words promote thinking/strategy
• Improves word association & memory recall skills
• Encourages social interaction
• Timeless entertainment; every game is unique & never grows old
• Crosses all genres of music; all ages can play together
• Affordable entertainment for the whole family
• Recently won The National Parenting Council Seal of Approval (TNPC)
• Recently won PAL Award – Play Advances Language (awarded by a speech pathologist of 35 years)
• Recently won PTPA Seal of Approval – Parent Tested Parent Approved
• Dr. Toy’s Best Vacation Products Winner
• Creative Child Magazine’s Creative Toy Awards – 2011 Game of the Year
• Mom’s Choice – Gold Award
SPONTUNEOUS® Basic Rules:
Object: To stump the other players from being able to sing a portion of ANY song containing your
Trigger-Word! The 1st player to reach Finish WINS!
- Think of a song you know, choose a word (not a phrase) from those lyrics and write it down on your Hit-List. This word is called a Trigger-Word. Think of another song and repeat.
- Play begins once all players have written down a few (3 to 5) Trigger-Words.
- Once all players have at least 3-5 Trigger-Words, play is started by the first Tunesmith.
- The other players race against each other to SING a 5-word portion of ANY song containing the given Trigger-Word.
- The 1st player to BEGIN singing BEFORE the time expires rolls both dice and advances on the treble
- If time expires and everyone is stumped, the Tunesmith must flip the timer and prove they know a
song by singing a 5-word portion of lyrics containing their own Trigger-Word.
- If the Tunesmith CAN prove it, they roll both dice and advance. If they CANNOT prove it, they must roll both dice and move backwards.
- The person to the left of the original Tunesmith becomes the next Tunesmith and attempts to stump
the others with a Trigger-Word from their own Hit-List. The Tunesmith position ALWAYS rotates clockwise.
- If a player lands on a Spontuneous Treble Clef, they must draw a Spontuneous® Card and complete
- The 1st player to reach finish and complete the Spontuneous® Challenge WINS!
My Family’s Review
My family is big on music. We listen to a wide variety of music from Country to Pop to Rap. So we were excited to get and try Spontuneous. My boys are only 5 and 7 but even they were able to play along and had a lot of fun with this! We had a few false starts but we got the hang of it after a few tries. My husband does not get into board games at all, but even he was enjoying himself with this. This would be a great game to play with family and friends at holiday parties!
Check out Spontuneous with these links!
Twitter: www.twitter.com/spontuneous or @Spontuneous
Website: www.spontuneous.com or www.spontune.com
Amazon: (Shipping to Canada can only occur if order is placed at this link) Please use this link, as it links to the Spontuneous Games storefront.
Hashtags: @Spontuneous, #HolidayGiftGuide
Weekly photo/lyric contest for a game giveaway at